Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] multipart/form-data

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:34:00 -0700

Sorry for the hiccups on this, I was bouncing around on the filename issue.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-multipart-form-data-02.txt 
(and .xml, .pdf)

http://larry.masinter.net/multipart-form-data/multipart-form-data.html

I wanted to get to a stable baseline and tweak from there.
It's better if you use the tracker (hit 'issues' on the 
https://github.com/masinter/multipart-form-data )

Anyway, please (re)review. 

> I know of RFC 2047 and RFC 2231, as well as unencoded UTF-8 and unencoded
> ISO-8859-1 (I think).

I mentioned these.

> I'd also note that I've yet to find a receiving processor that handles
> multipart/form-data when chunked - I'll admit I've not been looking much,
> though. It might be as well to note the interaction with chunked encoding.

Does HTTP2 even have "chunked encoding" ? I'm not sure where
I would put the advice -- it might as well belong in HTTP/1.1 and not here.

Larry