Subject: [apps-discuss] RFC 7764 on Guidance on Markdown: Design Philosophies, Stability Strategies, and Select Registrations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:53:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7764

        Title:      Guidance on Markdown: Design Philosophies, 
                    Stability Strategies, and Select Registrations 
        Author:     S. Leonard
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 50910
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-text-markdown-use-cases-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7764

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7764

This document elaborates upon the text/markdown media type for use
with Markdown, a family of plain-text formatting syntaxes that
optionally can be converted to formal markup languages such as HTML.
Background information, local storage strategies, and additional
syntax registrations are supplied.

This document is a product of the ART Area General Application Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC