Subject: Re: [arch-d] Benefits of identity/location separation?

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:26:31 GMT

-- Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> The scope of node addresses is greater, usually "global," 
>
>I don't think that's true, given the number of NATs deployed.
>I think usually "site-local" is the usual scope today.

I'm not actually sure that is even really an issue, really.

>I think the interesting question, where Noel and I likely disagree,
>is whether having identifier == locator within site-local scope
>is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing.

Probably both.

It would "be nice" if there were some sort of sliding window to
encompass "variableness" of the loc/id-ness.

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

_______________________________________________
Architecture-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss