Subject: [armd] WG Status and Updated Work Plan

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:54:35 -0500

Dear ARMD Participants -

During the previous meeting, at IETF 83 in Paris, we had a
good discussion about the disposition of milestones and the
future of the ARMD WG. The consensus of the room was that 1)
the current documents satisfy our remaining charter and 2)
there is no operational need to begin work on new documents.
As a result of this consensus, the WG chairs and sponsoring
AD have concluded that the ARMD WG should close.

Before closing the WG, the chairs will issue another
last-call for draft-armd-problem-statement.  The chairs
would like to encourage all participants to read and comment
on the new version of this draft during last-call.

There is also the question of what to do with
draft-dunbar-armd-arp-nd-scaling-bcp. Our AD has agreed to
publish it as an AD-sponsored draft, pending supportive
feedback. The chairs would like to request that participants
read this draft and provide comments on the mailing list.

The ARMD mailing list will stay open until these drafts are
published, to facilitate review of these drafts only. Other
topics should be discussed on other, more appropriate
mailing lists.

We would like to thank those that have contributed to ARMD,
and look forward to continued collaboration in other IETF
working groups.

Sincerely,
- Benson, Linda, and Ron