Subject: [armd] Last Call: <draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-03.txt> (Problem Statement for ARMD) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 08:33:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Address Resolution for Massive
numbers of hosts in the Data center WG (armd) to consider the following
document:
- 'Problem Statement for ARMD'
  <draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document examines address resolution issues related to the
   massive scaling of data centers.  Our initial scope is relatively
   narrow.  Specifically, it focuses on address resolution (ARP and ND)
   within the data center.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.