Subject: [atoca] ATOCA Milestones

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:25:05 -0700

Based on the discussion at the last meeting, the chairs and
responsible AD have formulated the following milestones.

These milestones replace all existing working group milestones.  If we
are fortunate enough to complete these, then there shouldn't be any
problem in coming up with more.

The understanding is that if these milestones are not met, then the
working group will be closed.

--
August 17, 2012 - Call for proposals for Secure Alerting Format

September 12, 2012 - Individual contribution(s) made for Secure
Alerting Format draft

October 1, 2012 - Call for WG consensus on adopting a Secure Alerting Format
draft into the WG

October 15, 2012 - First WG draft of Secure Alerting Format

February 20, 2013 - Submit Secure Alerting Format draft to the IESG as
Proposed Standard
--

The chairs request that the working group concentrate efforts on these
milestones.  The following work is potentially of interest, but we may
request that discussion be curtailed if is deemed to be affecting
progress toward these milestones:
 - alert delivery mechanisms
 - discovery of alert sources
 - discovery of trust anchors
If this experiment succeeds we can discuss proceeding with these.