Subject: new tool project

From: Miles Fidelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:59:46 -0400

Hi Folks,

I'm building a new tool on top of Atom and AtomPub, so I figure I might 
as well let folks know about it, and maybe drum up some support.

The core idea is "smart documents that talk to each other via a 
peer-to-peer protocol."
- start by writing and sending an HTML email to a group of people (say 
everyone involved in working a trouble ticket)
- on receipt, the copies establish a peer-to-peer connection - updates 
to one copy propagate to every other copy

Synchronized copies of documents, rather than sharing one copy via 
Google Docs.  Sort of like Git, but for things like action items, 
trouble tickets, work plans, reference documents, rather than software - 
with all the code pushed into JavaScript libraries embedded into the 
documents themselves.  (Maybe more like Fossil's embedded wiki - pushed 
into the browser).

In essence, a "document" will be a feed reader, implemented completely 
in JavaScript, that reads and formats elements from an Atom feed.  The 
presentation will be more wiki-like than blog like, with wiki-like 
change tracking and versioning.  Changes will be pushed out via Atom 
Publishing Protocol.  Add to that local storage (either saving a file, 
or HTML5 browser-based storage), and server-side functions for creating 
publish-subscribe channels specific to individual documents (currently 
building on the eXist XML database, which has a lot of Atom and APP 
functionality built in).

If you're interested, take a look at:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947703258/smart-notebooks-keeping-on-the-same-page-across-th 

Comments, support, likes, tweets, +1s, reposts, blog postings, ... 
welcomed!

Miles Fidelman

-- 
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.   .... Yogi Berra