Subject: [Autoconf] Potential issues with MANET arch document

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:11:50 +0100

I've been asked privately why I think there are some issues with the 
manetarch document.

HEre are some more:

>    Semi-Broadcast Interface (SBI)
>       A broadcast capable interface that may exhibit asymmetric
>       reachability.  Multiple access wireless radio interfaces are often
>       SBI.  Note that since a SBI *may* exhibit asymmetric reachability,
>       it also may not.

Please explain more what a SBI interface is.  If this SBI comes from a 
wifi experience please explain in wifi terms.  The 802.11/wifi standards 
and implementation don't use this term, so I'm really confused by this 
term altogether.

Please explain how asymmetric reachability matches UDLR concepts.

Please explain what "Multiple access wireless radio interfaces" mean: a 
interface connected to multiple radios?  Or several types of interfaces?

Please explain what asymmetric means in terms of asymmetric bandwidth, 
asymmetric MTU, asymmetric fragmentation; like when we talk ADSL or PMTU.

> 4.2.1.  Semi-Broadcast Interface
> 
>    Given a wireless SBI that exhibits time-varying asymmetric
>    reachability and spatially distributed MANET routers, each MANET
>    router may have a different unique partial view of the MANET.

Please explain what "time-varying asymmetric reachability and spatially 
distributed MANET routers mean".

That's my last mail.

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf