Subject: [Autoconf] FW: NEMO-PD - DHCP support on Mobile Network

From: "Teco Boot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:09:31 +0100

Cross-posting, as this is relevant to AUTOCONF also.

The question is, do we want to support providing DHCP options to Local Fixed
Node (nodes "behind the router")?

Teco.

===

Van: Teco Boot [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Verzonden: donderdag 6 december 2007 19:58
Aan: [email-masked]'
Onderwerp: NEMO-PD - DHCP support on Mobile Network

On the two drafts for NEMO prefix delegation, I wonder how we can support
DHCP on Mobile Network. I think there are two options, DHCP Relay or running
DHCP Server on MR itself. For the latter, we need not only a prefix, but
also data for DHCP options.

Remark on overhead, I think the prefix delegation signaling has low
overhead, depending on lifetimes. Lifetime can be a order longer than BU
(PD: hours, days, months; BU: seconds, minutes).

Teco.

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf