Subject: [avtext] Current avtext drafts and status

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:45:31 +0100

(As WF cochair)

The following is the list of drafts I believe are currently addressed to the AVTEXT WG along with the current status of the work. Please treat this as a reading list, and also please let me know of any omissions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Multicast Acquisition Report Block Type for RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Reports (XRs)
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-multicast-acq-rtcp-xr-00.txt

Document complete, awaiting publication writeup.

---------------------------------------------------------

Oct 2011  Submit RTP Header extension for client to mixer audio level indication as proposed standard  

A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to-Mixer Audio Level Indication
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-01.txt

WG draft. Looking to get ready for WGLC - please identify open issues and improvements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oct 2011  Submit RTP Header extension for mixer to client audio level indication as Proposed Standard

A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Mixer-to-Client Audio Level Indication
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-mixer-to-client-audio-level-01.txt

WG draft. Looking to get ready for WGLC - please identify open issues and improvements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jun 2011  Submit Considerations for RAMS Scenarios for Informational  

Considerations and Guidelines for Deploying the Rapid Acquisition of Multicast RTP Sessions (RAMS) Method
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-avtext-rams-scenarios-00.txt

Candidate draft providing text for the above milestone.

Request made to adopt as baseline text. Call finishes 27th March 2011.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 2011  Submit Support for multiple clock rates in an RTP session for Proposed Standard

Support for multiple clock rates in an RTP session
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-petithuguenin-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-00.txt

Candidate draft providing text for the above milestone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 2011  Submit SRTP Store-and-Forward Use Cases and Requirements for Informational  

Need to confirm we need the above milestone. The milestones were created without prior consensus of the former AVT working group.

Candidate draft: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward-04.txt
SRTP Store-and-Forward Use Cases and Requirements

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 2011  Submit Use of the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) in Store-and-Forward Applications for Proposed Standard  

Need to confirm we need the above milestone. The milestones were created without prior consensus of the former AVT working group.

Candidate draft: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-naslund-srtp-saf-04.txt
The Use of the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) in Store-and-Forward Applications

-----------------------------------------------------------------

IEEE 1588/802.1AS Synchronisation for RTP Streams
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-williams-avtext-avbsync-01.txt

Author draft - need to decide if we want milestone on this subject.
Proposed standards track document.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-xia-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-00.txt
Content Splicing for RTP Sessions

Author draft - need to decide if we want milestone on this subject.
Proposed informational document.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

Keith

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:34:51 +0000

Keith,

> The following is the list of drafts I believe are currently addressed to the AVTEXT WG along with the current status of the work. Please treat this as a reading list, and also please let me know of…

We have a new individual draft on RTP Requirements for the RTC-Web work (draft-perkins-rtcweb-rtp-usage-00). I'd appreciate review from AVTEXT, even though this isn't directly targeted at the group.

Cheers,
Colin

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/