Subject: [avtext] Regarding the SDES SRCNAME draft

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 11:25:13 +0100

Hi,

(As individual)

My colleagues and I have submitted an new Internet draft for the 00
deadline.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname/

So this draft is actually split out of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtcore-multistream-and-simulcast/

That was discussed in the AVTCORE WG in Quebec. This proposal we see as
a independent building block that becomes highly usable in RTP sessions
where end-points starting to have more than one media source being
transported in an RTP session and there is reason to have more than one
media stream (SSRC) associated with that media source, like
retransmission, FEC, duplication, layered encoding, simulcast.

We do have agenda time for the upcomming meeting so I hope you have the
time to review the draft prior to the meeting. Even more appreciated if
you want to provide feedback to the mailing list.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------