Subject: [avtext] Protocol Action: 'A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to- Mixer Audio Level Indication' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:15:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to-
   Mixer Audio Level Indication'
  (draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-06.txt) as a Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a mechanism by which packets of Real-Time
  Transport Protocol (RTP) audio streams can indicate, in an RTP header
  extension, the audio level of the audio sample carried in the RTP
  packet.  In large conferences, this can reduce the load on an audio
  mixer or other middlebox which wants to forward only a few of the
  loudest audio streams, without requiring it to decode and measure
  every stream that is received.

Working Group Summary

  The document is a product of the AVTEXT working group.

Document Quality

  Vidyo has a working implementation of this internet-draft. 

Personnel

  Keith Drage is the document's shepherd.
  Gonzalo Camarillo is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

  In the Security Considerations Section:
    s/relys/relies/