Subject: [avtext] RFC 6464 on A Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) Header Extension for Client-to-Mixer Audio Level Indication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:52:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6464

        Title:      A Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) 
                    Header Extension for Client-to-Mixer Audio Level 
                    Indication 
        Author:     J. Lennox, Ed.,
                    E. Ivov, E. Marocco
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18809
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6464.txt

This document defines a mechanism by which packets of Real-time
Transport Protocol (RTP) audio streams can indicate, in an RTP header
extension, the audio level of the audio sample carried in the RTP
packet.  In large conferences, this can reduce the load on an audio
mixer or other middlebox that wants to forward only a few of the
loudest audio streams, without requiring it to decode and measure
every stream that is received.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC