Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:06:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Content Splicing for RTP Sessions
	Author(s)       : Jinwei Xia
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-12-22

   This memo outlines RTP splicing.  Splicing is a process that replaces
   the content of the main multimedia stream with other multimedia
   content, and delivers the substitutive multimedia content to receiver
   for a period of time.  This memo provides some RTP splicing use
   cases, then we enumerate a set of requirements and analyze whether an
   existing RTP level middlebox can meet these requirements, at last we
   provide concrete guidelines for how the chosen middlebox works to
   handle RTP splicing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03.txt

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:15:47 -0800

Hi Jinwei,

I have a couple minor comments on this version of the draft.

In section 3, the User Invisibility Requirement is introduced, but it is
not assigned a requirement number. Later, in section 4, this same
requirement is referred to as "special requirement 6". I understand the
special nature of this requirement, but perhaps it would be better to
label it as REQ-6 within section 3.

At the end of section 4, it reads, "splicing clue on user" and "to
prevent user". In both instances, I assume "user" is referring to the
receiver of the current RTP stream. It might be helpful to add this to
the terminology in section 2, or to simply replace "user" with "receiver
of the current RTP stream".

Cheers,
Charles

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:06 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [avtext] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03.txt
> 
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work
> item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the
IETF.
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-0
3.txt
> This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03
.txt
> 
> _______________________________________________
> avtext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext

---

From: Xiajinwei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 01:55:26 +0000

Hi Charles,

Thank your review, please my answers inline.

> -----邮件原件-----
> 发件人: Charles Eckel (eckelcu) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 发送时间: 2011年12月30日 1:16
> 收件人: Xiajinwei
> 抄送: [email-masked]
> 主题: RE: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-03.txt
> 
> Hi Jinwei,
> 

Indeed, I miss the label, and will add it in next version.

> of the current RTP stream".

Good point, the terms are different. User means a end user, while receiver means a RTP/RTCP receiver. In the document, three "user" points should be replaced by "receiver": " splicing clue on receiver ", " to prevent receiver" and " From receiver point of view ". 

I will update the document ASAP. Thank you again.

BR
Jinwei