Subject: [avtext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-07.txt> (Content Splicing for RTP Sessions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 05:41:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'Content Splicing for RTP Sessions'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo outlines RTP splicing.  Splicing is a process that replaces
   the content of the main multimedia stream with other multimedia
   content, and delivers the substitutive multimedia content to receiver
   for a period of time.  This memo provides some RTP splicing use
   cases, then we enumerate a set of requirements and analyze whether an
   existing RTP level middlebox can meet these requirements, at last we
   provide concrete guidelines for how the chosen middlebox works to
   handle RTP splicing.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.