Subject: [avtext] RFC 7160 on Support for Multiple Clock Rates in an RTP Session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7160

        Title:      Support for Multiple Clock Rates 
                    in an RTP Session 
        Author:     M. Petit-Huguenin,
                    G. Zorn, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 25255
        Updates:    RFC 3550

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtext-multiple-clock-rates-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7160.txt

This document clarifies the RTP specification regarding the use of
different clock rates in an RTP session.  It also provides guidance
on how legacy RTP implementations that use multiple clock rates can
interoperate with RTP implementations that use the algorithm
described in this document.  It updates RFC 3550.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC