Subject: [avtext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-06.txt> (A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 07:31:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time
   Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The terminology about, and associations among, Real-Time Transport
   Protocol (RTP) sources can be complex and somewhat opaque.  This
   document describes a number of existing and proposed relationships
   among RTP sources, and attempts to define common terminology for
   discussing protocol entities and their relationships.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.