Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 00:54:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Header Extension for RTCP Source Description Items
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Roni Even
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-05-11

Abstract:
   Source Description (SDES) items are normally transported in RTP
   control protocol (RTCP).  In some cases it can be beneficial to speed
   up the delivery of these items.  Mainly when a new source (SSRC)
   joins an RTP session and the receivers needs this source's identity,
   relation to other sources, or its synchronization context, all of
   which may be fully or partially identified using SDES items.  To
   enable this optimization, this document specifies a new RTP header
   extension that can carry SDES items.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:03:35 +0200

WG,

This update performs a number of changes to the document.

- Makes it clearer that SDES header extensions is not suitable for all 
type of header extensions.

- Removes references to SRCNAME and APPID as the future of these are 
uncertain, and this document is planned to be finished before the end of 
the year.

- Expanded transmission considerations and some tips on what RTCP 
information that can be used to determine successful or at least failure 
to deliver.

- Discussion of how to avoid update flaps, a issue when sending both in 
RTP and RTCP.

- Much clarified registration rules and actual registration

- Various editorial updates.

We authors would really appreciate a review of this.

The timeplan is basically one more update before Prague and then 
hopefully a WG last call. To be able to do that we need your feedback on 
the changes and if something is still missing.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund
(For the authors)

[email-masked] skrev den 2015-05-11 09:54:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------