Subject: [avtext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-stream-pause-08.txt> (RTP Stream Pause and Resume) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:05:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Stream Pause and Resume'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-stream-pause-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   With the increased popularity of real-time multimedia applications,
   it is desirable to provide good control of resource usage, and users
   also demand more control over communication sessions.  This document
   describes how a receiver in a multimedia conversation can pause and
   resume incoming data from a sender by sending real-time feedback
   messages when using Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) for real time
   data transport.  This document extends the Codec Control Messages
   (CCM) RTCP feedback package by explicitly allowing and describing
   specific use of existing CCM messages and adding a group of new real-
   time feedback messages used to pause and resume RTP data streams.
   This document updates RFC 5104.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-stream-pause/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-stream-pause/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1641/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1935/