Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:05:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : A Taxonomy of Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources
        Authors         : Jonathan Lennox
                          Kevin Gross
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Bo Burman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-08.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2015-07-20

Abstract:
   The terminology about, and associations among, Real-Time Transport
   Protocol (RTP) sources can be complex and somewhat opaque.  This
   document describes a number of existing and proposed properties and
   relationships among RTP sources, and defines common terminology for
   discussing protocol entities and their relationships.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:08:02 +0000

This version addresses comments received during IESG evaluation (list as usual also in document):

   o  Made text more firm around what improvements this document
      introduces.

   o  Clarified the distinction between analog and digital in sections
      2.1.1 and 2.1.2.

   o  Removed the explicit requirement that a Source RTP Stream must
      send at least some data from an Encoded Stream, replacing it with
      a statement that it is directly related to the Encoded Stream.

   o  Moved the clarification that RTP-based Redundancy excludes Media
      Encoder redundancy data in an Encoded Stream from Section 2.1.10
      (RTP Stream) to 2.1.11 (RTP-based Redundancy), since that
      statement applies to RTP-based Redundancy rather than to RTP
      Stream.

   o  Added clarification that a Media Transport Sender can
      intentionally pace packet transmission.

   o  Aligned text around delay variation to use this term throughout,
      and added a reference to RFC 5481.

   o  Added that RTP Session is a group communications channel that can
      potentially carry a number of RTP Streams, as an additional
      clarification below Figure 7.

   o  Added a clarification in Section 4.1 around Telepresence Terms on
      which references are to CLUE terms and which are to other sections
      of this document, for terms that have the same name in CLUE as in
      this document.

   o  Clarified in Section 4.14 what SSRC data format changes means,
      since the RFC 3550 SSRC definition mentions this possibility.

   o  Editorial improvements.

Cheers,
/Bo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: den 20 juli 2015 15:05
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-08.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are
> available at tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:23:25 -0500

Version 08 is approved.

Thanks!

Ben.

On 20 Jul 2015, at 8:08, Bo Burman wrote:

>>      Title           : A Taxonomy of Semantics and Mechanisms for 
>> Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources
>> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
>> submission until the htmlized version and diff are
>> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
>> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
> avtext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext