Subject: [avtext] RFC 7656 on A Taxonomy of Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:10:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7656

        Title:      A Taxonomy of Semantics and 
                    Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) 
                    Sources 
        Author:     J. Lennox, K. Gross,
                    S. Nandakumar, G. Salgueiro,
                    B. Burman, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 101759
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7656

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7656

The terminology about, and associations among, Real-time Transport
Protocol (RTP) sources can be complex and somewhat opaque.  This
document describes a number of existing and proposed properties and
relationships among RTP sources and defines common terminology for
discussing protocol entities and their relationships.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC