Subject: [avtext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-07.txt> (RTP/RTCP extension for RTP Splicing Notification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 11:37:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP/RTCP extension for RTP Splicing Notification'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is a shortened second last call to consider two  normative references to 
informational RFCs that have been added as a result of comments from
the initial last call. The referenced RFCs are RFC 7201 and RFC 7667.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-06-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Content splicing is a process that replaces the content of a main
   multimedia stream with other multimedia content, and delivers the
   substitutive multimedia content to the receivers for a period of
   time. The splicer is designed to handle RTP splicing and needs to
   know when to start and end the splicing.

   This memo defines two RTP/RTCP extensions to indicate the splicing
   related information to the splicer: an RTP header extension that
   conveys the information in-band and an RTCP packet that conveys the
   information out-of-band.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2500/