Subject: [avtext] Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 11:47:03 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I too was confused about why MID was not being registered here, but then
saw that it is being registered in
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation. I think the text in Section 3
should make this more clear.

I also gather that in some previous version of this draft it may have
been registering both, and so there is language in 5.2 and 5.3 ("Initial
assignments," "SDES Items") indicating that multiple things are being
registered. I think these should be made singular.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 10:12:33 +0200

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/

Yes, I think we can add a sentence after the description indicating it 
will be registered when that work is finished.

> registered. I think these should be made singular.

Another possibility is to have 5.3 be section 5.2.1 instead and change 
the title of that section to: "Initial Assignments" and remove the 
bullet prior to this section. The reason to have it as its own section 
is that it works better as an example for how a registration request to 
this registry can look.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 10:10:30 -0500

On 3 May 2016, at 3:12, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> is that it works better as an example for how a registration request 
> to this registry can look.

That would be fine, but I think you could solve the issue by simply 
removing the plurals from the aforementioned bullet and 5.3 title.

Thanks,

Ben.