Subject: Re: [avtext] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 10:15:57 +0200

Den 2016-04-30 kl. 18:22, skrev Alexey Melnikov:
> Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-06: No Objection
>
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
> email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
> introductory paragraph, however.)
>
>
> Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
> for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.
>
>
> The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> COMMENT:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The first mention of UTF-8 needs a reference.
>
> I am agreeing with Mirja about registering MID, as the document argues
> that it would be a good idea.
>

To ensure that this is clear. The MID SDES item and its usage of this 
header extension will both be registered when the IANA processing after 
approval of draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation happens. Otherwise 
we create unnecessary normative dependencies and confusing inter 
dependencies in the finished RFCs. But, as stated otherwise, we can make 
clear that this will be registered by the BUNDLE document when it finishes.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------