Subject: [avtext] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 06:55:01 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for handling my discuss points. 

Old comments below, I didn't check those.

-----

- I agree with Alia's discuss, but suspect the ship has sailed.
(Sadly IMO, but sailed nonetheless.)

- The security considerations here are similar to but not quite
the same as those in RFC6828 which I think was the last time a
similar document was before the IESG. I wondered if those
differences were significant or not, it might be no harm to
commpare the two (if that's not already been done) since they
really ought be pretty much the same.