Subject: [avtext] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-avtext-rid-06

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:18:17 -0500

Hi,

This is my AD evaluation of draft-ietf-avtext-rid-06. IIUC, the 
discussion about Magnus's comments is almost but not quite complete. I 
will hold IETF last call until the shepherd informs me that has been 
resolved, or that the resolution is unlikely to involve material 
changes. Otherwise, my comments are pretty minor and can be handled in 
parallel to the IETF last call.

Thanks!

Ben.

-------------------

Minor Comments:

- 4.3, last paragraph (and similar text in other registrations)

The first sentence is only guaranteed true if the implementation follows 
the guidance in 3.3. That says “strongly encouraged”. Maybe it 
should say something stronger?  (Or mention the condition here?)

- 6: Did you actually mean to acknowledge a co-author? (Peter)

Editorial Comments and Nits:

- Please expand first mention of "SDES" in both the abstract and body.

- 5, 2nd paragraph:
s/ impelementors / implementors ; unless you meant "impalementors". :-)

Also, does _this_ document strongly encourage encryption, or is that 
general encouragement from elsewhere that can be cited?

-5, 3rd paragraph:
s/exchange/change

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:15:11 -0500

(This will be a repeat message for several, but I just realized I had 
not copied the working group.)

Based on discussion with Adam, I'm am going to go ahead and request IETF 
last call for this. I think the open issues are easily enough solved 
that they can be handled in parallel with the last call.

Ben.

On 26 Jul 2016, at 17:18, Ben Campbell wrote:

> The first sentence is only guaranteed true if the implementation 
> follows the guidance in 3.3. That says “strongly encouraged”. 
> Maybe it should say something stronger?  (Or mention the condition 
> here?)
>
> _______________________________________________
> avtext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext