Subject: [babel] Babel BoF approved

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 13:24:15 -0500

The babel BoF had been approved.   I am expecting a proposed draft charter
soon that clearly described the work to be done.   I hope for excellent and
energetic participation on this mailing list.  One open question about
which I continue to have skepticism and doubt is whether anyone except
Juliusz is intending to write or edit any drafts.   Reviews are excellent,
but a healthy working group needs multiple contributors to the creation as
well as the review.

I do plan to soon send a detailed review and comments on RFC 6126.  I would
strongly encourage others to do the same to help clarify the work to be
done.

For this BoF, I do understand that we may have significantly more remote
participation and I would strongly encourage some discussing of what would
be most amenable and productive.  All sessions do have MeetEcho and jabber,
of course.

Finally,  I am still considering whom to select for the second BoF chair.
Joel Halpern has kindly agreed to serve as one of the BoF chairs.  If you
have suggestions, please unicast them to me.

Good luck!
Alia