Subject: [babel] Babel web pages back up

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 20:20:08 -0300

Thanks to all who notified me about the Babel web pages being down -- our
web server was moved.  I think I have migrated everything to the new
server, please let me know if you see anything amiss (broken links,
incorrect MIME types, missing redirects, etc.).

Sorry for the incompetence,

-- Juliusz

---

From: Gabriel Kerneis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 14:27:23 +0200

http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/ is still a 404
for me.

Gabriel

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 1:20 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 11:36:56 -0300

> http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/ is still a 404

Strange.  For me, it redirects cleanly:

    $ curl -i http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/ | sed -n -e '1p' -e '/^Location:/p'
    HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
    Location: https://www.irif.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/

Caching issue?

-- Juliusz

---

From: Gabriel Kerneis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 16:41:46 +0200

>     Location: https://www.irif.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/

Try with IPv6:

$ curl -i -4 http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 14:40:29 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.18 (FreeBSD) PHP/5.6.20 OpenSSL/0.9.8zh-freebsd
Location: https://www.irif.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/
Content-Length: 267
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="
https://www.irif.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/">here</a>.</p>
</body></html>

$ curl -i -6 http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Accept-Ranges: none
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 14:39:22 GMT
Expires: 0
Server: Ocsigen
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd"><!-- Page generated by OCaml
with Ocsigen.
See http://ocsigen.org/ and http://caml.inria.fr/ for information -->
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head><title>Error
404</title></head><body><h1>Not Found</h1><p>Error
404</p><p>Ocsigen_extensions.Ocsigen_http_error(_)<br /><em>(Ocsigen
running in debug mode)</em></p></body></html>

-- 
Gabriel

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 12:17:32 -0300

> Try with IPv6:

Thanks for the information.  I've filed a ticket with our network
administration people, but it's Saturday today.

The new address is:

    https://www.irif.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/babel/

but don't get used to it, since I don't count on our hierarchy to
understand the importance of stability in naming, and each new
administrator wants to make his mark by renaming us.

In case it doesn't show, yes, I'm pissed off.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 15:10:31 -0300

> administration people, but it's Saturday today.

...and they fixed it straight away.  I'm under shock.