Subject: [babel] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on charter-ietf-babel-00-07: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 14:18:18 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-babel-00-07: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-babel/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a couple of suggestions, but this looks fine.

We all know that applicability statements are standards-track, but
perhaps it's worth spelling that out for people who haven't read RFC 2026
lately, since we don't produce many applicability statements. Perhaps "As
the Proposed Standard version of Babel is completed, an Applicability
Statement should be finalized to guide those potentially interested in
deploying Babel. This Applicability Statement may include deployment
advice and will be published as a standards-track RFC."

I wasn't sure what you meant by "state" in "The Working Group should
document its ongoing implementation experience with Babel, so that new WG
participants can understand the state that is driving this work and the
experience driving changes." I can guess, but I was guessing.

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 17:33:47 -0400

Hi Spencer,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-babel/

Thanks - I captured the intended state in the milestones, in response to
Benoit's
suggestion.

> experience driving changes." I can guess, but I was guessing.

Hmm, I don't have a better term for it - but basically the experience and
current
state of implementation and deployment.

Regards,
Alia

>
> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>