Subject: [babel] help testing Babel

From: "STARK, BARBARA H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:52:17 +0000

In a previous IETF, there was an offer to help people get routers set up with OpenWRT, HNCP, and such.
Might that be possible in Berlin?
I have 2 WNDR4300 routers that want desperately to help me test out Babel and HNCP. My intern has tried very hard to get everything loaded, but has run into problems that seem to require editing the signature in the OpenWRT build and editing DNS settings. 
I'm thinking at this point that if I could just bring these routers to Berlin with me and get someone who knows what they're doing to get them up and running, it might be easier than getting my intern to figure it out.
Barbara

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:23:25 -0400

By all means, bring them.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 9:52 AM, STARK, BARBARA H <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have 2 WNDR4300 routers that want desperately to help me test out Babel
> and HNCP. My intern has tried very hard to get everything loaded, but has
> run into problems that seem to require editing the signature in the OpenWRT
> build and editing DNS settings.
> I'm thinking at this point that if I could just bring these routers to
> Berlin with me and get someone who knows what they're doing to get them up
> and running, it might be easier than getting my intern to figure it out.
> Barbara
>
> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel
>

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:31:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, STARK, BARBARA H wrote:

> Berlin with me and get someone who knows what they're doing to get them 
> up and running, it might be easier than getting my intern to figure it 
> out.

I'll bring two of my homenet testing routers as well (WNDR3800). I'll be 
at the hackathon if you want something to talk to.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 11:53:53 -0400

There will be space for hackathon collaboration during the week also.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:16:14 +0200

> In a previous IETF, there was an offer to help people get routers set up
> with OpenWRT, HNCP, and such.  Might that be possible in Berlin?

It looks like you get to choose among the volunteers ;-)

> My intern has tried very hard to get everything loaded, but has run into
> problems

Will the intern be in Berlin?  If not, it might be a good idea to ask them
to write down what they tried.

-- Juliusz