Subject: [babel] Last Call: <draft-ietf-babel-dtls-05.txt> (Babel Routing Protocol over Datagram Transport Layer Security) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:29:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Babel routing protocol WG (babel) to
consider the following document: - 'Babel Routing Protocol over Datagram
Transport Layer Security'
  <draft-ietf-babel-dtls-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Babel Routing Protocol does not contain any means to authenticate
   neighbours or protect messages sent between them.  This document
   specifies a mechanism to ensure these properties, using Datagram
   Transport Layer Security (DTLS).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-dtls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-dtls/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.