Subject: [babel] Last Call: <draft-ietf-babel-applicability-06.txt> (Applicability of the Babel routing protocol) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:28:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Babel routing protocol WG (babel) to
consider the following document: - 'Applicability of the Babel routing
protocol'
  <draft-ietf-babel-applicability-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Babel is a routing protocol based on the distance-vector algorithm
   augmented with mechanisms for loop avoidance and starvation
   avoidance.  In this document, we argue that there exist niches where
   Babel is useful and that are not adequately served by more mature
   protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-applicability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-applicability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.