Subject: [BEEPwg] [Fwd: [JMX-FORUM] JMXP]

From: Jason Rimmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 01:12:03 -0400

Posted on the [email-masked] mailing list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[JMX-FORUM] JMXP
Date: 	Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:26:02 -0500
From: 	Ward Harold <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	Ward Harold <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

I've designed a protocol for JMX, called JMXP, using the Blocks
Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP) application protocol kernel and am
proposing it to the IETF as a standard, language neutral mechanism for
remote JMX access. The specification can be found at either:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harold-jmxp-00.txt

or for a prettier version:

http://www.beepcore.org/beepcore/docs/profile-jmxp.jsp

Note that this work in no way conflicts with the remote API designed by
the JSR 160 Experts Group. JMXP is a protocol and as such could be used
by a JSR 160 provider. My primary intent in designing JMXP was to create
a mechanism via which non-Java programmers - read administrators who may
prefer Perl, TCL, or shell scripts - can access JMX programmatically.

I am of course very interested in feedback on this spec from JMX
community ergo, comments/criticism/questions/corrections from this forum
are especially welcome.

... WkH

Ward Harold        [email-masked]
IBM/Tivoli Software
11400 Burnet Rd.
Austin, TX  78758

-- 
Jason Rimmer
jrimmer at irth dot net

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg