Subject: [BEEPwg] SOAP Channel Initialization...

From: "Paul Andrews" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:45:36 -0400

I've got a question about RFC 3288. In section 2.1 - Profile
Initialization - it states:

Alternatively, here is an example in which the boot exchange is
   unsuccessful:

       C: <start number='1' serverName='stockquoteserver.example.com'>
       C:     <profile uri='http://iana.org/beep/soap'>
       C:         <![CDATA[<bootmsg resource='/StockPick' />]]>
       C:     </profile>
       C: </start>

       S: <profile uri='http://iana.org/beep/soap'>
       S:     <![CDATA[<error code='550'>resource not
       S:                                supported</error>]]>
       S: </profile>

   Although the channel was created successfully, it remains in the
   "boot" state.

Does this imply that a subsequent message on the channel of type
<bootmsg> could cause the channel to leave the boot state? If not, what
can actually be done with the channel?

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:26:46 -0700

> ...
> <bootmsg> could cause the channel to leave the boot state?

yes, exactly.
    
/mtr