Subject: [BEEPwg] When can a BEEP peer send <close number='0'>

From: Lei Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:17:23 -0800

RFC 3080 section 2.3.1.3 clearly specifies when a BEEP peer may send a 
"close" message for a channel, but the RFC isn't quite clear about when 
a BEEP peer may send <close number='0'>.  I''m asking this because I run 
into a problem with beepcore-c: peer A sends <close number='0'> after it 
receives <close number='1'> but before it acknowledges the channel close 
request; and peer B releases all channel on seeing <close number='0'>, 
then it sees the <ok> for the <close number='1'> request it sent out and 
core dumps while trying to reference channel 1.  This does not look like 
100% implementation issue - the RFC can be more affirmative on this?

Thanks..

_______________________________________________
BEEPwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.beepcore.org/mailman/listinfo/beepwg

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:30:57 -0800

> 100% implementation issue - the RFC can be more affirmative on this?

well, i think that the spec is pretty clear. sounds to me like a bug in
beepcore-c (which no one ever claimed was a great implementation of beep,
particularly the authors of beepcore-c...)

/mtr