Subject: [beepwg] [ANN] Vortex 1.1.8 'Copenhague' release is ready!

From: Francis Brosnan Blazquez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 19:12:11 +0200

###################################################
      ##              Vortex Library 1.1.8             ##
      ##                  "Copenhague"                 ##
      ###################################################

Release note
~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line is proud to announce Vortex
  Library 1.1.8 "Copenhague" release availability: an open source
  "BEEP Core" protocol implementation written in C, mapped onto
  TCP/IP.

  Vortex Library is a stable and robust application protocol
  development toolkit, with active support for Microsoft Windows and
  GNU/Linux platforms.

  Check out the following links to get ready with Vortex Library:

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex
      [Vortex Library homepage]

    - http://www.aspl.es/vortex/py-vortex/html
      [PyVortex homepage]

    - http://www.aspl.es/turbulence
      [Turbulence BEEP server homepage]
 
    - http://www.sf.net/projects/vortexlibrary
      [Sources and Win32 binaries]

    - http://www.beepcore.org
      [BEEP Core community web site]

    - http://www.aspl.es/xml
      [Axl Library, XML 1.0 implementation]
    
This release in short
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Bug fixes and documentation updates.

Change notifications
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  None

Thanks to..
~~~~~~~~~~~

  - Ralf Konush (reported problems caused by python-config returning
    -arch options twice).

  - Wimpie Nortje (reported memory race condition at connection new
    when used with onconnected handler while accessing to connection
    options).

  - Subrahmanya (reported wrong handling for NUL frames).

Changes since 1.1.7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* [fix] Ensuring connection reference used by vortex sequencer is
  defined avoiding the sequencer to call to
  vortex_channel_get_connection.

* [fix] Updated vortex.tls python module to include method to check if
  the connection has TLS enabled. API added:
  
    - is_enabled

  Updated documentation.

* [fix] Removed annoying message "context not defined" when called to
  logging.

* [fix] Updated PyVortex exception notification to remove all %
  symbols from string notified to avoid the caller user to pass this
  string to printf like API, causing wrong memory access under some
  cases..

* [fix] Updated vortex-file-transfer-{client,server}.c to allow
  testing ANS/NUL with feeder support. All tests shows it is working..

* [fix] Adding more documentation to payload feeder..

* [fix] Making add channel notification to be done after channel start
  reply.

* [fix] Adding documentation about disabling channel complete flag
  implications.

* [fix] Updated documentation to explain on connection accepted and
  connection state post created are called twice during TLS
  activation.

* [new] Updated vortex connection API to include a new function to
  return actual remote peer IP. Unlike vortex_connection_get_host
  which returns the connecting name (that may be not an IP) this new
  function ensures returning an IP. Updated PyVortex to also support
  this addition:

   - vortex_connection_get_host_ip
   - vortex.Connection.host_ip

* [fix] Making configure.ac to remove -arch options from python-config
  --cflags command to avoid problems. Bug found at macosx
  (i386). Reported by Ralf Konush.

* [fix] Wimpie Nortje recently discovered a possible race condition
  caused at vortex_connection_new used in conjunction with onconnected
  handler causing the thread started to do the notification to access
  to connection option object which may be out of the scope, causing
  release function to be activated depending on memory stack status
  with variable wrong results. General code update to make server name
  acquisition to be also governed from associated VortexCtx object,
  releasing vortex_connection_new function from allocating a variable
  on the function stack to signal this configuration.

* [fix] Increasing revision and updating libvortex-1.1.def file.

* [fix] General changes to prepare libvortex-1.1 packages for squeeze.

* [fix] Updated debian files to prepare debian squeeze packages.
  Fixed missing files from debian packages.

* [fix] Adding missing dependency for debian packages..

* [fix] Fixed wrong null pointer handling at PyVortexChannelPool
  implementation..

* [fix] Making PyVortex bridge events to release GIL if a failure is
  found.

* [fix] Making vortex channel new to avoid setting serverName
  attribute if the connection already has a serverName negotiated even
  when the user asks to do so.

* [fix] Improved vortex tls module error reporting to advise the user
when
  it is detected vortex_tls_init was not called.

* [fix] Added vortex.tls client code examples into PyVortex docs...

* [fix] Making PyVortex ctx.new_event handler to remove the handler
  internally via vortex_thread_pool_remove_event before waiting to
  return false, to avoid race with deallocating event metadata.

* [fix] Updated PyVortex ctx.new_event handler to provide a working
handler
  example.

* [fix] Making vortex_tls listener handling to provide more debug info.

* [fix] Making vortex_thread_pool_new_event to queue soon events first.

* [fix] Updated vortex Makefile.am to remove all gcc specific code
  which is now detected at configure.ac and provide view
  compiler_options variable. This fixes building vortex on unix
  platforms where gcc is not available..

* [fix] Adding check for pkg-config into configure.ac to warn the
  user..

* [fix] Making MIME processing for NUL frames to be optional
  generating an log error message instead of dropping the frame. Bug
  reported by Subrahmanya.

About Us
~~~~~~~~

  Advanced Software Production Line provides GNU/Linux support and
  consulting services to help organizations to introduce GNU/Linux
  inside its process.

  Contact us, using English or Spanish, to get commercial support
  and/or BEEP based development services.

  You can reach us:

       http://www.aspl.es - [email-masked]

  Enjoy Vortex Library!  

--
Francis Brosnan Blázquez           - [email-masked]
Advanced Software Production Line  - http://www.aspl.es
24th jun 2011, Madrid (Spain)