Subject: [BEHAVE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-05.txt> (Analysis of Stateful 64 Translation) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 07:03:09 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Behavior Engineering for
Hindrance Avoidance WG (behave) to consider the following document:
- 'Analysis of Stateful 64 Translation'
  <draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Due to specific problems, NAT-PT was deprecated by the IETF as a
   mechanism to perform IPv6-IPv4 translation.  Since then, new efforts
   have been undertaken within IETF to standardize alternative
   mechanisms to perform IPv6-IPv4 translation.  This document evaluates
   how the new stateful translation mechanisms avoid the problems that
   caused the IETF to deprecate NAT-PT.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.