Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 07:46:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Common requirements for Carrier Grade NATs (CGNs)
	Author(s)       : Simon Perreault
                          Ikuhei Yamagata
                          Shin Miyakawa
                          Akira Nakagawa
                          Hiroyuki Ashida
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-06.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-05-03

   This document defines common requirements for Carrier-Grade NAT
   (CGN).  It updates RFC 4787.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-06.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 10:50:59 -0400

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-06.txt

This new revision addresses the AD review by David Harrington. Here's 
the change log:

    o  Expanded some acronyms.

    o  Added example IP addresses to ASCII art.

    o  Reword transport protocol section.

    o  Stronger words of caution about CGNs.

    o  Refer to RFC for DCCP NAT behaviour.

    o  Note in headers and abstract that this updates RFC 4787.

    o  Remove sentence "This is not to be considered a solution to the
       shortage of IPv4 addresses."

    o  Remove text having marketing scent.

    o  Change some "MUST ... unless" requirements to "SHOULD ... unless".

    o  Merge REQ-8 and REQ-9.

    o  PCP is now a MUST.

    o  NAT-MIB is now an example rather than specificially required.

    o  When a quota is hit, send ICMP DU code 1 instead of code 3.

    o  Remove mention of "lawful intercept".

    o  Remove discussion on destination logging from section on bulk port
       allocation.

    o  Remove discussion on address sharing ratio.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca