Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:16:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Common requirements for Carrier Grade NATs (CGNs)
	Author(s)       : Simon Perreault
                          Ikuhei Yamagata
                          Shin Miyakawa
                          Akira Nakagawa
                          Hiroyuki Ashida
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-06-13

Abstract:
   This document defines common requirements for Carrier-Grade NAT
   (CGN).  It updates RFC 4787.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-07

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:19:54 -0400

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-07.txt

This new revision addresses comments received during AD evaluation. 
Here's the change log:

    o  Fixed sub-requirement numbering in REQ-1.

    o  Reference update.

    o  Changed REQ-2 back to MUST (from SHOULD).

    o  Added reference to RFC6264 (incremental CGN).

    o  Be more clear that this is not an endorsement of CGN.

    o  Make it clear that this draft is only about IPv4.

    o  Added justification for a bunch of SHOULDs and turned the
       remaining ones into MUSTs.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca