Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-nat-mib-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:33:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Additional Managed Objects for Network Address Translators (NAT)
	Author(s)       : Simon Perreault
                          Tina Tsou
                          Senthil Sivakumar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-nat-mib-02.txt
	Pages           : 71
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for devices implementing Network Address Translator (NAT) function.
   This MIB module may be used for monitoring of a device capable of NAT
   function.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat-mib

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-nat-mib-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-nat-mib-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:41:19 -0400

WG,

Fairly heavy changes in this revision...
(and I just noticed we forgot to update the change log appendix)

Anyway, here's basically what we did:

- The MIB has been merged with the one from RFC 4008.
- The "NEW-" prefix was dropped.
- All objects from RFC 4008 have been marked deprecated.
- Our draft now should say "Obsoletes: 4008"
   (meant to do it but forgot, will be added in -03)
- Added section 2.1 that explains in detail why 4008 objects are deprecated.
- Removed all CGN-specific things and resubmitted them as 
draft-perreault-sunset4-cgn-mib-00.

Feedback very much appreciated. And sorry for the two editing mistakes.

Simon

On 07/16/2012 11:33 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Behave mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave
>

-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca