Subject: [bess] RFC 7740 on Simulating Partial Mesh of Multipoint-to-Multipoint (MP2MP) Provider Tunnels with Ingress Replication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:26:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7740

        Title:      Simulating Partial Mesh of Multipoint-to-Multipoint 
                    (MP2MP) Provider Tunnels with Ingress Replication 
        Author:     Z. Zhang, Y. Rekhter, A. Dolganow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18252
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-bidir-ingress-replication-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7740

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7740

RFC 6513 ("Multicast in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs") describes a method to
support bidirectional customer multicast flows using a partial mesh
of Multipoint-to-Multipoint (MP2MP) tunnels.  This document specifies
how a partial mesh of MP2MP tunnels can be simulated using Ingress
Replication.  This solution enables a service provider to use Ingress
Replication to offer transparent bidirectional multicast service to
its VPN customers.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC