Subject: [bess] Conclusion on the "one implementation policy"

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:48:52 +0100

Working Group,

Thomas and I have reviewed the comments expressed on the list since
our first proposal on the subject.

We consider that there is consensus to put in place the following (which 
is the amended proposal):

At the same time we will issue a Working Group Last Call, we will ask
for knowledge of existing implementations, and the more details provided
at that time, the better.
In the situation where an implementation exists we will proceed with
submission to IESG.
In the opposite situation, we will systematically ask the WG for 
reasoned opinions regarding whether we should nevertheless proceed
with submission to IESG.
We will gauge consensus on that aspect. In case consensus is in favour
of proceeding with submission to IESG we will do so. In the opposite
case, we will put the document in a "Waiting for implementation" state
until information on an existing implementation is brought to our
knowledge or of the WG.

This is effective from now on.

Thank you

Martin and Thomas