Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-ir-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:22:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS of the IETF.

        Title           : Ingress Replication Tunnels in Multicast VPN
        Authors         : Eric C. Rosen
                          Karthik Subramanian
                          Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-ir-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-04-11

Abstract:
   RFCs 6513, 6514, and other RFCs describe procedures by which a
   Service Provider may offer Multicast VPN service to its customers.
   These procedures create point-to-multipoint (P2MP) or multipoint-to-
   multipoint trees across the Service Provider's backbone.  One type of
   P2MP tree that may be used is known as an "Ingress Replication (IR)
   tunnel".  In an IR tunnel, a parent node need not be "directly
   connected" to its child nodes.  When a parent node has to send a
   multicast data packet to its child nodes, it does not use layer 2
   multicast, IP multicast, or MPLS multicast to do so.  Rather, it
   makes n individual copies, and then unicasts each copy, through an IP
   or MPLS unicast tunnel, to exactly one child node.  While the prior
   MVPN specifications allow the use of IR tunnels, those specifications
   are not always very clear or explicit about how the MVPN protocol
   elements and procedures are applied to IR tunnels.  This document
   updates RFCs 6513 and 6514 by adding additional details that are
   specific to the use of IR tunnels.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-ir/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-ir-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-ir-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/