Subject: [bess] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:22:29 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not important but why is the Extension flag bit 1 and not bit 0?

---

From: Eric C Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:29:01 -0400

> Not important but why is the Extension flag bit 1 and not bit 0?

There is reason to believe that bit 0 is already in use in one or more 
deployments.  Hopefully, it will get properly registered once the 
registry is created!