Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-12.txt> (VPWS support in EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:07:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'VPWS support in EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how EVPN can be used to support Virtual
   Private Wire Service (VPWS) in MPLS/IP networks. EVPN enables the
   following characteristics for VPWS: single-active as well as all-
   active multi-homing with flow-based load-balancing, eliminates the
   need for traditional way of Pseudowire (PW) signaling, and provides
   fast protection convergence upon node or link failure.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2635/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2125/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7348: Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)