Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Virtual Private Wire Service support in Ethernet VPN' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:53:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Virtual Private Wire Service support in Ethernet VPN'
  (draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws/

Technical Summary

   This document describes how EVPN can be used to support Virtual
   Private Wire Service (VPWS) in MPLS/IP networks. EVPN enables the
   following characteristics for VPWS: single-active as well as all-
   active multi-homing with flow-based load-balancing, eliminates the
   need for traditional way of Pseudowire (PW) signaling, and provides
   fast protection convergence upon node or link failure.

Working Group Summary

  This document was processed by the bess WG; nothing
  specific to highlight.

Document Quality

  At least 3 major vendors have implemented this specification.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Jeffrey Zhang ([email-masked])
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana ([email-masked])