Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-12.txt> (E-TREE Support in EVPN & PBB-EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:25:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'E-TREE Support in EVPN & PBB-EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) has defined a rooted-multipoint
   Ethernet service known as Ethernet Tree (E-Tree). A solution
   framework for supporting this service in MPLS networks is proposed in
   RFC7387 ("A Framework for Ethernet Tree (E-Tree) Service over a
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Network"). This document
   discusses how those functional requirements can be easily met with
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) and how EVPN offers a more efficient
   implementation of these functions. This document makes use of the
   most significant bit of the scope governed by the IANA registry
   created by RFC7385, and hence updates RFC7385 accordingly.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2342/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2774/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7387: A Framework for Ethernet Tree (E-Tree) Service over a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Network (Informational - IETF stream)