Subject: [bess] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 06:19:45 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mostly editorial comment:
Reading sections 3 and 4 it not clear to me if this is providing an actual
implementation specification or just reasoning. If the former is indented I
would recommend to use more active and normative language. Also I would
recommend to have section 5 before 3 and 4 because they use these new
flags/fields.

Please also consider the comments provided by the new gen-art review (thanks
Dale!) which probably go in the same direction and suggest some good concrete
improvements.