Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 11:40:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : E-TREE Support in EVPN & PBB-EVPN
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          John Drake
                          Jim Uttaro
                          Sami Boutros
                          Jorge Rabadan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-14.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-10-29

Abstract:
   The Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) has defined a rooted-multipoint
   Ethernet service known as Ethernet Tree (E-Tree). A solution
   framework for supporting this service in MPLS networks is described
   in RFC7387 ("A Framework for Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Service over a
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Network"). This document
   discusses how those functional requirements can be met with a
   solution based on RFC7432, BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPN (EVPN), with
   some extensions and how such a solution can offer a more efficient
   implementation of these functions than that of RFC7796, E-Tree
   Support in Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS). This document makes
   use of the most significant bit of the "Tunnel Type" field (in PMSI
   Tunnel Attribute) governed by the IANA registry created by RFC7385,
   and hence updates RFC7385 accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/