Subject: Re: [bess] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-13: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ali Sajassi (sajassi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 18:21:27 +0000

Hi Kathleen,

Leaf to leaf communication prohibition is one of the main function of
E-TREE service per MEF definition and RFC 7387. The document describes how
to implement this E-TREE service for EVPN and how it can be done more
efficiently. 

Regards,
Ali

On 9/13/17, 7:28 PM, "Kathleen Moriarty"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
>draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-13: No Objection
>
>When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
>email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
>introductory paragraph, however.)
>
>
>Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
>for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.
>
>
>The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree/
>
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>COMMENT:
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>I'm reading the leaf to leaf prohibition as a routing optimization that
>isn't
>intended for security purposes, but could help prevent routing loops and
>leakage.  There is a little text early on in the document to describe the
>purpose, but I agree the text should be made a bit more clear.
>
>