Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 18:59:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Network Virtualization Overlay Solution using EVPN
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          John Drake
                          Nabil Bitar
                          R. Shekhar
                          James Uttaro
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay-10.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2017-12-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies how Ethernet VPN (EVPN) can be used as a
   Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) solution and explores the
   various tunnel encapsulation options over IP  and their impact on the
   EVPN control-plane and procedures. In particular, the following
   encapsulation options are analyzed: VXLAN, NVGRE, and MPLS over GRE.
   This specification is also applicable to GENEVE encapsulation;
   however, some incremental work is required which will be covered in a
   separate document. This document also specifies new multi-homing
   procedures for split-horizon filtering and mass-withdraw. It also
   specifies EVPN route constructions for VxLAN/NvGRE encapsulations and
   ASBR procedures for multi-homing NV Edge devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-overlay-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/