Subject: [Bier] Brian Haberman's No Objection on charter-ietf-bier-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 04:57:02 -0800

Brian Haberman has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-bier-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-bier/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The first work item says the WG "will specify the information that is
required by a BIER header to support BIER forwarding."  That doesn't
parse right to me.  Will the WG specify what information is needed by a
router to support BIER forwarding?  Will the WG specify what information
is needed in a BIER header?  A little clarification would be good.

2. Work item #2 (non-MPLS data plane) combined with the last paragraph of
the charter seems to preclude the WG from looking at the BIER and
PIM/IGMP/MLD interactions.  Is that the intent?

3. Does the WG need to develop an Applicability Statement for the
non-MPLS data plane, if they choose to move that direction?

4. Does the charter require the WG to publish the use cases document?