Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 08:28:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Applicability of BIER Multicast Overlay for Adaptive Streaming Services
        Authors         : Debashish Purkayastha
                          Akbar Rahman
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-02-08

Abstract:
   HTTP Level multicast, using BIER, is described as a use case in BIER
   Use cases document.  HTTP Level Multicast is used in today's video
   streaming and delivery services such as HLS, AR/VR etc., generally
   realized over IP Multicast.  A realization of "HTTP Multicast" over
   "IP Multicast" is described.  IP multicast is commonly used for IPTV
   services.  DVB and BBF is also developing a reference architecture
   for IP Multicast service.  A few problems with IPMC, such as waste of
   transmission bandwidth, increase in signaling when there are few
   users are described.  Realization over BIER, through a BIER Multicast
   Overlay Layer, is described.  How BIER Multicast Overlay operation
   improves over IP Multicast, such as reduction in signaling, dynamic
   creation of multicast groups to reduce signaling and bandwidth
   wastage is described.  We conclude with few next steps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-multicast-http-response-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/