Subject: [Bier] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-bier-ping-05.txt

From: "Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 12:07:21 +0000

Hi,

This version addresses the shepherd review comments from Mankamana. 

Thanks,
Nagendra

On 4/24/19, 8:06 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-bier-ping-05.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Nagendra Kumar and posted to the
    IETF repository.
    
    Name:		draft-ietf-bier-ping
    Revision:	05
    Title:		BIER Ping and Trace
    Document date:	2019-04-24
    Group:		bier
    Pages:		25
    URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bier-ping-05.txt
    Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ping/
    Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-ping-05
    Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-ping
    Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-ping-05
    
    Abstract:
       Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an architecture that
       provides optimal multicast forwarding through a "BIER domain" without
       requiring intermediate routers to maintain any multicast related per-
       flow state.  BIER also does not require any explicit tree-building
       protocol for its operation.  A multicast data packet enters a BIER
       domain at a "Bit-Forwarding Ingress Router" (BFIR), and leaves the
       BIER domain at one or more "Bit-Forwarding Egress Routers" (BFERs).
       The BFIR router adds a BIER header to the packet.  The BIER header
       contains a bit-string in which each bit represents exactly one BFER
       to forward the packet to.  The set of BFERs to which the multicast
       packet needs to be forwarded is expressed by setting the bits that
       correspond to those routers in the BIER header.
    
       This document describes the mechanism and basic BIER OAM packet
       format that can be used to perform failure detection and isolation on
       BIER data plane.

    
    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
    
    The IETF Secretariat