Subject: [Bridge-mib] draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-smiv2-03.txt

From: "K.C. Norseth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:57:30 -0600

Hello folks,

I have v3 of the Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges completed.  I
have not submitted it to the IETF where we have a couple of issues being
discussed.  They draft can be found at:

http://norseth.org/ietf/bridgemib/draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-smiv2-03.txt

The main changes were the references to the 1998 IEEE draft instead of the
1990 draft.  The sections have been updated also.

We have the following issues to resolve still:
dot1dStpPortDesignatedPort  - Mike Mcfadden
      A new object would have to be added to represent
      the new interpretation of the 16 bits in a port identifer.

Is it enough to say add that that the value should be less than 255 and if
it > 255 the object should return noSuchInstance?  We should not be trying
to fix implementations that did not implement it right.?

What do people say?

K.C.

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib