Subject: [Bridge-mib] Clarification on dot1dStpPortEnable and ForcePortState for STP/RSTP.

From: "NK Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 05:26:45 -0000

Hi All,

I had a look into the latest draft of Bridge MIB and I have a 
doubt regarding dot1dStpPortEnable.

1. What is the expected behaviour of the port in STP when the 
object is set to disabled?
2. What is the effect of setting this object on L2 and L3 Data 
forwarding ?

As I understand, dot1dStpPortEnable is to be used to 
enable/disable STP on a port. i.e STP calculation exclude this 
port. In case of RSTP, the port will be in Disabled/Discarding. Is 
it proper to apply STP roles/States to a port that is not under 
the control of STP? When we set this object to disabled, should 
this port stop forwarding Layer 2 packets?

What is the relation between dot1dStpPortEnable and ifMainStaus of 
the interface?

Thanks in advance,
Navaneeth.

___________________________________________________
Meet your old school or college friends from
1 Million + database...
Click here to reunite www.batchmates.com/rediff.asp

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib