Subject: [Bridge-mib] dot1dStpPortPathCost32

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:05:23 +0200

The revised BRIDGE-MIB adds dot1dStpPortPathCost32 and makes it
mandatory. I think this is broken since existing deployed
implementations won't support that object and thus are not
compliant. Can someone please explain in which situations the
increased range of dot1dStpPortPathCost32 is actually needed?
Is this only relevant for rapid spanning tree? In that case,
I think the object should be conditionally mandatory for boxes
that do rapid spanning tree and the old one stays current,
probably with a special value to use in case dot1dStpPortPathCost32
actually has the larger path cost.

Please give advise.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib