Subject: [caldav] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'CalDAV Scheduling Extensions to WebDAV' to Proposed Standard (draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-12.txt)

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 23:33:47 +0530

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Protocol Action: 'CalDAV Scheduling Extensions to WebDAV' to 
Proposed Standard (draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-12.txt)
Date: 	Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:10:10 -0700
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'CalDAV Scheduling Extensions to WebDAV'
   (draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-12.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched/

Technical Summary
     Scheduling is a core function of a calendaring system and this
     extension defines the process by which CalDAV clients and servers
     can use iCalendar (RFC 5545) and iTIP (RFC 5546) to accomplish that
     in a manner that ensures data consistency between organizer and
     attendee views of a scheduled event.

Working Group Summary
     Discussion has taken place on the CalDAV mailing list over a long
     period of time as the document has evolved. There has been an
     "informal" last call on the document. In addition, there are now
     several implementations of the protocol in various client/server
     CalDAV products. Further discussions and interoperability testing
     has occurred in the Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium.

Document Quality
     This document has been discussed and reviewed on the CalDAV
     (<[email-masked]>) mailing list. The original draft
     was developed in 2006, with a substantial re-working in 2007.
     Experienced calendar/CalDAV developers have been involved in its
     development, and new implementors have appeared over time too. There
     are already many deployed implementations of this protocol (many
     documented here http://caldav.calconnect.org/implementations.html),
     with feedback from those deployments having been incorporated into
     the specification. The specification has been the subject of regular
     interoperability tests at Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
     events.

Personnel
    The Document Shepherd is Mike Douglass.
    The Responsible Area Director is Peter Saint-Andre.

RFC Editor Note
     Introduction, last paragraph:
     OLD
         Discussion of this Internet-Draft is taking place on the mailing
         lists at<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/caldav>  and
         <http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-caldav>.
     NEW
         This specification has been under development for a number of years,
         and most current implementations of CalDAV support it.  With the
         publication of this document, it is expected that all new CalDAV
         implementations will support it by default.  Interoperability tests
         have been performed regularly.  Significant issues with incompatible
         CalDAV implementations are not anticipated.