Subject: Re: W-19 CAP Group Definitions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:20:43 -0500

Bob wrote:
>We need to start carefully distinguishing between calendars and 
>users.  ATTENDEEs are calendars, and should be referred to by CSIDs. 

You need to be careful about using CSID vs CalID in your texts.  Calendar 
Stores are identified by CSIDs.  Calendars are identified by CalIDs.  Just 
because a Fully Qualified CalID contains a CSID, they are NOT 
interchangable; Relative CalIDs do not contain any CSID info.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Bob Mahoney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:55:54 -0500

>You need to be careful about using CSID vs CalID in your texts. 
> Calendar Stores are identified by CSIDs.  Calendars are identified 
>by CalIDs.  Just because a Fully Qualified CalID contains a CSID, 
>they are NOT interchangable; Relative CalIDs do not contain any CSID 
>info.

:-)

We spent a *while* yesterday trying to fix little inconsistencies 
like this...  (we had, for example, used "group" several hundred 
times, and very often incorrectly)

I hope everyone continues to find problematic language or misuse of 
terms- frequently those folks most familiar with the drafts miss 
these gotchas, because they understand what was *intended*, even when 
it was stated poorly.

-Bob