Subject: Re: New Topic: Export of calendar data and metadata

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:13:44 -0500

David:
A better way is for you to define Holidays as individual date based events 
with time transparency set to TRANSPARENT, rather than OPAQUE.
Alternately, you could set them to OPAQUE, but give them a low PRIORITY 
compared to normal group scheduled events (i.e., CATEGORIES:MEETING).
A still better approach is for a calendar for the user to have a robust 
"user profile" that allows you to set that you allow or don't allow 
scheduling of events and to-dos on Holidays.
-- Frank

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:45:34 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> A still better approach is for a calendar for the user to have a robust "user
> profile" that allows you to set that you allow or don't allow scheduling of
> events and to-dos on Holidays.

And also it depends on the calendar. For example if it is a company
calendar, then OPAQUE and NO CONFLICTS might be valid.

Where an individual may choose not to treat it as OPAQUE and allow CONFLICTS.

So the source of the information (authoritative or not) can set the TRANSPARENCY
and CONFLICTs values when PUBLISHed, but a CUA must be able to override them
as pointed out above when depositing them into CU owned calendar.

I do not see this problem unique to holidays.

-Doug