Subject: CAP Roles?

From: "Paul B. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:09:32 -0500

Hi,

The CAP draft has the following section of text:

CAP defines methods for managing [RFC2445] objects on a Calendar Store and 
exchanging [RFC2445] objects for the purposes of group calendaring and 
scheduling between "Calendar Users" (CUs). There are two	distinct roles 
taken on by CUs in CAP. The CU	who creates an initial event or to-do and 
invites other CUs as attendees takes on the role of "Organizer". The CUs 
asked to participate in the group event or to-do take on the role of 
"Attendee". Note that "role" is also a descriptive parameter to the 
"ATTENDEE" property. Its use is to convey descriptive context to	an 
"Attendee" such as "chair", "REQ-PARTICIPANT" or NON- PARTICIPANT" and has 
nothing to do with the scheduling workflow.

---------

Should the above text belong in CAP? As I recall, yesterday Richard 
convinced Dave, Bob, and I that it really belonged in an iCalendar 
extension document.

Paul