Subject: CAP Transfer Protocol "debug text"

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:41:40 -0800

Chris,

In your comments on the CAP protocol
(http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/mail-archive/msg02990.html), you made
a sugestion on the response-codes and text:

>  Also, if there's human readable text included with response codes,
then
>  there needs to be a specified language for that text.  It can be done
as:

> The text is "i-default" meaning it's in English intended for
international
> readers, and may also include a translation of the text appropriate to
the
> locale.

I'm don't understand the part about including a translation of the text
into an appropriate locale. Are you saying that the comment would
(could) be in English AND in some other language?  How would we know
what the other charset / locale is?  Could you give a quick example of
what you are suggesting?

-Steve

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:32:58 -0800

> what the other charset / locale is?  Could you give a quick example of

Read RFC 2277.

Section 4.5 discusses "i-default" language.

		- Chris