Subject: [Fwd: POSIX time_t study group created]

From: David Madeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 02:03:42 -0500

Hi,

I suspect many here would be interested as well.  Forwarding with
permission.

dmadeo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: POSIX time_t study group created
Resent-Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:21:55 -0500 (EST)
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:18:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Andrew Josey)
To: [email-masked]

The Open Group, which is drafting the next POSIX.1 standard, has
formed a mailing list for issues relating to the standardization of
new time_t primitives.  The idea, I believe, is to invent a new time
type, which would be an integer count of nanoseconds since an epoch
(or something close to that).  This would assume the availability of
64-bit integer types, as required by the 1999 C Standard and common in
recent C implementations.  It's not clear to me whether this new type
would be in the next POSIX.1 standard, or the one after that.

I'm forwarding the following announcement of this new mailing list
with permission from Andrew Josey of the Open Group.

------- Start of forwarded message -------
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:28:38 GMT
From: Andrew Josey <[email-masked]>
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Andrew Josey)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: (pasc-sec 675) Creation of the time_t study group
Cc: [email-masked]

All
I have created a mailing list for the time_t study group.

This is [email-masked]

If you'd like to be added as a subscriber please let me know.
best regards
Andrew

- -----
Andrew Josey                                The Open Group
Director, Server Platforms                  Apex Plaza,Forbury Road,
Email: [email-masked]                Reading,Berks.RG1
1AX,England
Tel:   +44 118 9508311 ext 2250             Fax: +44 118 9500110
GSM:   +44 7974207557
------- End of forwarded message -------