Subject: RFC2446: What's TZOFFSET ?

From: "Nitin Shingne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:50:49 PST

Greetings !!!
Please refer to section "3.1 Common Component Restriction Tables"
in RFC 2446.
The property restrictions for "VTIMEZONE" component say that property
"TZOFFSET" must be present.
Should this be "TZID" instead. I could no locate TZOFFSET in RFC 2445
or 2446.
Please clarify.

thanks & regards,
nitin
______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:09:17 -0500

>Should this be "TZID" instead. I could no locate TZOFFSET in RFC 2445

This is an artifact of edit changes to RFC 2445 and 2446 that got missed. 
We used to have a TZOFFSET property but with the change of VTIMEZONE to 
have a STANDARD and DAYLIGHT components, each of wich has a TZOFFSETTO and TZOFFSETFROM property to handle this now it became obsolete.

RFC 2446 Editors: Chalk this up as an update that needs to get applied. Im 
sure there are more stale references as well since we didnt fine comb RFC 
2446 to keep it in sync w/all the 2445 changes.

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...