Subject: Recurrence rule question

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:39:28 -0800

I have a question about how to specify a particular, rather complicated,
kind of recurrence rule: "Every month on a certain day of the month, except
that if this falls on a Saturday or Sunday, move it to the following Monday".

I can see how to do this for days that *aren't* near the end of the month.
E.g., for "Every 15th of the month, except that if it's a Saturday or
Sunday, move to the following Monday", you could say:
	FREQ=MONTHLY;BYMONTHDAY=15,16,17;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR;BYSETPOS=1
in other words: the first weekday each month that occurs on the 15th, 16th,
or 17th.

However, this doesn't work for days near the end of the month.  How could
you specify "30th of each month, except that if it's a Saturday or Sunday,
move to the next Monday".  Is this even possible?

	Ross.

---

From: Mark Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 21:15:22 -0500

Some days, I wish we would have just decided to do recurrence rules
procedurally (via a script) rather than declaratively.

I've personally implemented iCalendar recurrence rules, and I tell ya, I
would much rather have implemented a script processor.  8-/

Sorry I can't help with your specific question.  I'm better at going the
other direction.  8-)

MB