Subject: Re: SEQUENCE number on recurrences

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:58:38 -0500

>So, to summarize, the sequence number is always the same for all 
>instances, and it must always be the highest sequence number. Right? 
Effectively, I think so. That is, you received an initial REQUEST 
(implicitly with SEQUENCE:0), a subsequent ADD (with SEQUENCE:1) and then 
a reschedule of an instance (with SEQUENCE:2). 
So, if an Attendee asked for a REFRESH, then the subsequent REQUEST would 
specify at least SEQUENCE:1. I say at least SEQUENCE:1 because we have 
allowed in iTIP that each message sent by the Organizer can involve an 
increment to the SEQUENCE property. I know of one implementation that 
seems to do this.
-- Frank

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:24:56 -0800

I agree. This seems correct.
-Steve

[email-masked] wrote:

> (implicitly with SEQUENCE:0), a subsequent ADD (with SEQUENCE:1) and
> then a reschedule of an instance (with SEQUENCE:2).
>
> So, if an Attendee asked for a REFRESH, then the subsequent REQUEST
> would specify at least SEQUENCE:1. I say at least SEQUENCE:1 because
> we have allowed in iTIP that each message sent by the Organizer can
> involve an increment to the SEQUENCE property. I know of one
> implementation that seems to do this.
>
> -- Frank
>
>