Subject: Re: Interesting Patent

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 14:53:47 -0400

In December, John Stracke wrote:

> [email-masked] wrote:
>
> > John (Stracke), do you have some feedback you can share with us on this patent.
>
> Let me go talk to the lawyers...

...they still haven't given me anything I can say publicly, and I don't think they
will.

Broadly speaking, I've been hearing the usual sort of lawyer concern: even if you
don't plan to enforce your patent, you might later; and, if you file suit, anything
you said in the past can be used against you; so, either way, you keep your mouth
shut.  (I don't think I've heard all of this from our lawyers; this is a pastiche of
things I've heard from various patent lawyers over the years.) I don't much like it,
but I have go along with it.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"If nobody believes what I say, I feel       |
[email-masked]|ineffective." "Oh, I don't believe that."    |
\==============================================================/