Subject: Re: VTIMEZONE and signular TZID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:41:52 -0400

John Stracke wrote, in part:

>This sounds good to me.  One clarification: would TZNAME values
>be unique? (That is, is it guaranteed that you don't have two
>TZNAMEs that map to the same TZID?) I think they need to be.

TZNAMES have no such constraint. You look up by TZID.

Doug Royer has suggested an iCalendar VTIMEZONE component extension be 
registered for a TZID-ALIAS text-valued property. This sounds good to me 
too. This is where the Olson time zone identifer names would be recorded. 
The TZID would be assigned by the "IANA VTIMEZONE registration 
coordinator". Ah, we need that registration process defined.

-- Frank

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:54:23 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> Doug Royer has suggested an iCalendar VTIMEZONE component
> extension be registered for a TZID-ALIAS text-valued property.

Sounds good, provided we can look up by ID without knowing
whether the ID is a TZID or a TZID-ALIAS.

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |Go not to the Vorlons for advice, for they will|
[email-masked]|say both no and sherbert.                      |
\================================================================/