Subject: Re: Question for list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:44:20 -0400

Doug proposed:
>IF we were to change it to say:
>
>                "This property MUST NOT be specified in an iCalendar 
object that
>                 specifies only a time zone definition."
>
>I don't see how that would hurt anything.

I think it would make it worse by making it even more vague and open to 
several possible interpretations.  That makes interop harder, not easier.

An alternative is to add a new method to iTIP that is akin to PUBLISH but 
does not require ORGANZIER.  Im not suggesting we change PUBLISH!  Its current definition has a good use 
(just not quite as comprehensive as we need it).    The logic for the 
original 2446 requirements still stands.  The case I presented is a new 
one that may merit a new method...

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:38:06 -0700

> does not require ORGANZIER.  Im not suggesting we change PUBLISH!  Its current definition has a good use

I would agree that we need new methods for non-scheduling appointments.
I do not think we should tweek with iTIP. It chould be seperate.