Subject: Re: CALSCH Action Items - - Error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 1988 12:11:08 -0400

Doug:
The following item belongs as an assignment to the iMIP editors. Yet it
says "Frank". I don't understand what is meant. Can you clarify?

I-1 MIME alternate/related                               Frank          ?
     MUST be supported.

This was clearly an iMIP related clarification, not an iCalendar one.

Do all you agree?

-- Frank

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:45:48 -0700

> This was clearly an iMIP related clarification, not an iCalendar one.

An ATTACH can contain a MID or CID URI, so it applies to iCal.
And iCal says that an iCal object is a MIME object. And I think we (WG)
had agreed that ical MUST required it (around Chicago time frame), then
all protocols using iCal MUST support it. Including iMIP and CAP.

As I recall, it was discovered by informal interop testing between
Lotus and Microsoft. And it was seen as a flaw in iCal.

I think we want ALL iCal protocols to be able to understand
multipart/related, multipart/mixed, and multipart/alternate
(all known multipart/* MIME objects).

-Doug