Subject: Re: Question for list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1988 12:25:41 -0400

I agree with Steve. 
BTW, I think Pat must have meant "property". But I am confused why she 
thinks it is a "no". We don't use the word "no" for such things in 
iCalendar. We use RFC2119 terms.
Maybe Pat can clarify again what the context and specifics were.
-- Frank

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:40:02 -0400

Frank, please see my newest note to the list.  I am not "confused".  I am 
posting the text exactly as it is being posted into a discussion database. 
 What I left off was the subject of the post - That these are questions on 
parameters for the PUBLISH event.  Doug figured that out and has responded 
in one of his texts.  Thanks.
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

[email-masked]
04/12/88 12:25 PM

        To:     [email-masked] (Steve Mansour)
        cc:     [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
        Subject:        Re: Question for list

I agree with Steve.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1988 13:04:26 -0400

Bruce Kahn wrote, in part:
>The crux of this dilemma: I cannot use iTIP to backup / restore (or 
>'publish') my calendar data via a METHOD:PUBLISH since not every entry 
has 
>ORGANIZER and there would be no way to tell when the data can be removed 
>on import.

For backup, you definitely DON'T want to specify PUBLISH method for a 
group scheduled event. If you did, you would loose the fact that maybe the 
item was a REQUEST.
You will need to preserver the original method for the event when you 
backup, other wise the restore will restore with the wrong scheduling 
semantics.
-- Frank

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:18:26 -0400

Steve asked:
>Bruce, why do you want to use iTIP for backup/restore?  That's not the 
sort of operation it was designed for.

It was an example that was partly OOS for the discussion.  My use of 
backup/restore is beyond what iTIP can do.  If I want to use iTIP to 'publish' my calendar 
entires that are NOT scheduled w/others (ie: my doctor appointment, my 
Boston Marathon schedule blocking entry, etc) then I CANNOT do it w/iTIP 
as it stands since iTIP PUBLISH (not publish) requires and ORGANIZER but 
my entries have none.   I now consider this a loophole in iTIP...

I merely used backup/restore as an extension to this thought of publishing 
(not PUBLISHing) and then reimporting to perform a backup/restore 
scenario.  Please remove that part of the thread from your memory!

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...