Subject: Re: Question for list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:10:47 -0400

Doug responded:
>ALL METHOD:PUBLISH components MUST have an ORGANIZER per
>the iTIP restriction tables. Is there somewhere in iCal or iTIP
>that says otherwise?

I never claimed it did.  I used a slightly OOS example that probably 
confused you.  My apologies for that. 

Currently there is no way to simply 'export' my non-group calendar entires 
as iTIP messages since they do not currently contain an ORGANIZER 
property.  This may be an small oversight in iTIP since I can 'export' (aka 'publish') those that do have an ORGANIZER property.  That 
was what I was trying to convey.  (Perhaps some text to this effect would 
be apropriate in iTIP, editors call really).

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:10:54 -0700

> confused you.  My apologies for that.

I thought Frank did.

> property.  This may be an small oversight in iTIP since I can 'export'
> (aka 'publish') those that do have an ORGANIZER property.  That

I still have not been convinced you can't add ORGANIZER to
your product. I see it (so far) as an oversight in your product.
I do not see anywhere in any of the RFCs a statement that says
that you MUST NOT have organizer for non-group appointments.

-Doug