Subject: Suggestion for Action Items handling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:00:14 -0400

In order to make it easier for folks (new or old hands) to find out 
when/how an Action Item was resolved (or at least where we reached our 
final answer), Id like to suggest that some (Doug??) 'tag' the 
thread/posting as relating to that Action Item.  For example, instead of 
wading thru 15 "Re: NOOP" and "Re: NOOP again", etc it to find a 
resolution response, can someone (ie: Doug or the WG cochairs) please 
'tag' or send a final response to the WG like "W-31 NOOP command: 
Resolution (was Re: Re[2]: NOOP yet again...)"

  Even w/the ability to have full text indexing like I do, a FT index is 
usually weighted by score rather than by "most recent first" (otherwise 
its not that great a FT indexer).    Does this sound like a good 
suggestion?  Who would be willing to take that mantle for now: Doug, Pat, 
Paul???

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:43:05 -0700

> suggestion?  Who would be willing to take that mantle for now: Doug, Pat,

I would think that a chair would need to do this.

Have you tried sorting the threads by date? I would think that the
last one would be a good bet.

-Doug