Subject: Re: Change management properties

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:04:56 -0400

Federico Mena Quintero wrote, in part:
>So I'm considering simply doing a dumb strcmp() of the location field
>and increasing the sequence number if the new one is different from
>the old one.  Of course it should be increased as well if the other
>properties mentioned in RFC 2445 get changed.
>
>Is this reasonable?

This takes care of one of the cases for your application, but not all. Be 
sure to cover the other cases that require incrementing the SEQUENCE 
number too.
You infer this is a UI related matter. I would have thought that this is 
not a presentation layer or modeling layer but rather a calendar database 
level data integrity issue (e.g., if the following properties are 
modified, then there is a side effect of the SEQUENCE property also being 
modified).
-- Frank

---

From: Federico Mena Quintero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:07:04 -0400

> sure to cover the other cases that require incrementing the SEQUENCE 

Certainly.  The only area where I was not sure what to do was the
LOCATION.

Thanks for the advice to everyone who responded,

  Federico