Subject: W-29: Import/Export

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:51:08 -0400

Im very curious this AM so either Im having a brain fart due to my 253+ 
emails this AM or Im just getting undercaffinated.  In the latest AI list 
I found:

 W-29 Import/Export  Y - sync only

Im glad that its "done" but I dont recall any traffic or talk of this on 
the list at all.  At least we did have some about 3 months back but we had 
identified a case where it would not work and needed fixing.  So, I 
searched the archive I have for "sync" and found no real talk of this 
item.  Can someone send me a subject pointer or summary of where we 
defined "sync only" and what the changes were to allow for this?? 

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:36:48 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> the list at all.  At least we did have some about 3 months back but we
> had identified a case where it would not work and needed fixing.  So, I

In the requirements doc, we will only be doing what is needed
to sync-CUA's to CS's. Export/Import is explicitly a vendor
specific thing (At this time). So it was dropped from CAP
as import/export. However synching with disconnected devices
was kept - per the requirements doc.

-Doug