Subject: Re: AI list needs reordering?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:34:14 -0400

Doug replied in part with:
>They start off as WG items until the WG decides.
>Then if they do not get done (As I happen to notice) they
>may be moved to the editors list.

Thanks for the clarification.  I thought it may be something like that but 
I could not find any msgs in the archive about how AIs were to be 
classified so I thought Id play it safe and ask to be sure.

>We decided not to remove old ones so the issues do not keep coming up.

Just to clarify a possible misconception: I was _not_ asking for the 
issues to be removed, just if the CAP issues did not belong under C- 
instead of W- to start with...

>We decided not to remove old ones so the issues do not keep coming up.

A sensible course of action.  Now all that we need for newer folks is some 
way to link the Y/N/D/U decision to a thread or set of threads in the 
archive.  Hence my other posting about tagging AI decisions by the 
chairs...  (FT searching is not 100% accurate and thread searching for, 
say, W-8 lends to much frustration since the official archives are not 
easily searched that way).

Bruce
===========================================================================
Bruce Kahn                                INet: [email-masked]
Iris Associates                          Phone: 978.392.5335
Westford, MA, USA 01886                    FAX: and nothing but the FAX...
Standard disclaimers apply, even where prohibited by law...